Detox Orange County
The first critical step in any treatment of alcohol use disorder is the detoxification process. Alcohol detox in Orange County and elsewhere involves the complete elimination or flushing out of alcohol in the body of the alcohol abuser. While alcohol detox is not addiction treatment per se it is invaluable for those who want to win their fight against alcohol addiction.
While the detox process may seem simple since all the alcohol-addicted individual needs are to stop consuming alcohol, this step is painful, difficult, and even life-threatening at times. We, at Dana Point Rehab Campus, fully understand how challenging alcohol detox is for our clients which is why part of our treatment program includes medical detox to safely manage the acute physical and psychological symptoms of withdrawal such as the following:
- Delirium tremens (DTs) which is a life-threatening issue that makes the person restless, confuse, upset, experience hallucinations and seizures, and suffer from fever.
What are the Types of Alcohol Detox Programs?
Addiction facilities that offer detox in Orange County like ours provide two basic options – inpatient and outpatient alcohol detox. The primary difference between the two is the living arrangement. Inpatient or residential alcohol detox program requires the alcohol-addicted individual to stay in the facility for the duration of the detox process, while outpatient detox allows the person to get treatment in the facility and go home afterward.
The benefits of inpatient detox include:
- Round-the-clock care and supervision which makes it suitable for those who suffer from serious and long-term alcohol addiction and those with other medical conditions that can be exacerbated by the detox process.
- Continuous monitoring of the patient’s temperature, blood pressure, heart rate, and breathing to keep him or her physically and mentally stable.
- Administration of medications such as Benzodiazepines, Naltrexone, Disulfiram, and Acamprosate that can address the painful withdrawal symptoms.
- Provision of detox support strategies such as counseling or holistic therapies to make the detox process more comfortable.
- More focused detox process since the alcohol-addicted individual is removed from his usual environment and therefore makes him free from the distraction caused by everyday life.
The benefits of outpatient detox, on the other hand, include:
- Less-expensive than an inpatient program.
- Support from family and friends.
While outpatient detox program may seem appealing, it is important to note that it can only be effective for people with mild to moderate alcohol addiction, those with a stable home environment, and those who are seriously committed to the process. If any of these factors are not present, there is an excellent chance that outpatient detox wouldn’t work.
If you are suffering from alcohol use disorder and thinking about seeking professional help, trust us at Dana Point Rehab Campus. Our alcohol addiction treatment program consists of evidence-based therapeutic strategies and individualized care to help you get the most suitable treatment for your needs. Our facility is also designed and built with your comfort in mind. Hence, it has luxurious amenities that will help in your fast recovery. Call our treatment representative today for more information and to schedule a consultation.